Here I am once again, with fresh blogging and learning goals for the first half of 2015. This time I am able to share my goals earlier than usual. In the past, I was delayed by almost 2 months. This is clearly a good start for me and I hope that the rest of the year, I am able to stick to a better cadence for my blogging.
Status for 2014 second half goals
Here is my assessment of the goals I had set out for myself last year.
- Write 2 blogs related to OpenStack: I am thinking about Open vSwitch and Neutron agents
- Score - 7⁄10
- Status - I did not blog specifically about these topics but I have blogged about Namespace usage in OpenStack and Neutron Components.
- Write at least one blog about setting up OpenStack infrastructure
- Score - 8⁄10
- Status - I have blogged about home OpenStack setup. But I wish I had done a bit more. On my Github account I have posted some homegrown scripts for OpenStack installation. But there is still some work pending on that front. Here is the link to the Github project.
- Create one YouTube video related to a networking concept.
- Score - 0/10
- Status - I could not complete this - though I did create a video on a different topic.
In isolation, it may appear that overall I am still lagging behind on my blogging goals. But there are other aspects that are very encouraging.
- The blog readership is steady and much higher than it used to be earlier. I am averaging around 30 visitors per day.
- I introduced a new series called WILT - what I learnt today. This series allows me to blog about some odd ball topics just out of the blue.
- And most importantly, I have a healthy pipeline of topics and ideas for the upcoming year.
Goals for first half 2015
I will continue my focus on OpenStack for the coming 6 months and hopefully learn basics of Python along the way. Here are the goals for the first half of 2015:
- Write 2 blogs related to OpenStack: this time I must blog about Open vSwitch and Neutron agents
- Write 2 blogs in the WILT series
- Create one YouTube video related to OpenStack or Networking
I am setting realistic goals for 2015 so that I can meet them with a bit of stretch.
Comments - Do let me know what you think about these goals by leaving your comments below.